Saturday, January 5, 2013

Knitting and Zentangle

Now that the holidays are over, thank goodness, I am having a hard time deciding if I want to knit or tangle. I am doing both now, and loving it! I need more time though, and I just can't seem to find it. I have not been doing the Dare over at The Bright Owl, nor have I done the Diva's Challenge lately. I have been drawing,but I have also been learning to knit toe up socks. I can't believe that I have been knitting socks all these years and never tried toe up. I just love doing them. I am almost ready to attempt making a pair. The training ones are going really well now, and I think I am ready. The holidays were a whirlwind, to say the least. Lucas turned a year old on December 29 and we had a big birthday party for him. Randy, Mom and I stayed around here for New Year's and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. Rest was much needed by all of us. Mom is doing well, though her memory fades more each day. It seems to be going quickly. It is surprising to me. She gets upset all the time about it, and I can't seem to get her to stop, but I really do understand how she feels. I would think it is terrifying not to understand what is going on in your own head. Will try to post more in 2013. I am working on a schedule to get more things done and still trying to find a way to retire early....

No comments: