Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where Did July Go?

Here it is, July 29. Where did this month go? I can't seem to keep up these days with all that is going on. My Mom is back in rehab and we have spent the month of July first trying to adjust to having her here with us and then back in the hospital and then to rehab. I keep hoping that I will find time to post regularly, but that never seems to happen. All things considered, I did accomplish a few things this month. I am taking a lettering class with Joanne Sharpe online and doing it at my pace. It is a wonderful class and I just love it. I am learning so much about lettering, which is my most favorite art or craft, if you will. I love letters, fonts, numbers, etc., and I am really learning a lot in this class. Here are a couple of my practice pieces:
I have also been learning to do art journals. Mine are not very creative at this point, but I am hoping as I learn more, they will improve. I am doing one in a composition book (yes, the plain old black and white ones) that has some good pages and some not so good ones. I consider this one a training journal, because I am learning techniques for painting and other cool ways to do an art journal. Here is one photo from my comp journal:
And, like most people, I have also dabbled in the SMASH journals. I like them alot, but I think they have much room for improvement. I did see a blog post the other day where an artist made her own smash journal from only materials she had on hand and then wire bound it herself. It was very cool and I like it alot. Here is a page from my Smash Journal:
I do most of my art at night after everyone is asleep. Between work and taking care of my Mom, I don't have any time otherwise. It relaxes me and helps with all the stress. Keep crafting!

No comments: