Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Seriously?

I ordered a book on Zentangle last night. I just could not resist. It seems that Zentangle is not just idle doodling, as I first thought. I am sure that if you wanted to do idle doodling, that would be ok, but real Zentangle has PATTERNS! Yes, my friends, I said PATTERNS! This makes it even more intriguing to me. It just seems to be so soothing and easy to do. Especially for someone like me who can't draw. I always wanted to draw and as a kid I sketched a little, but I just don't have that talent. (Still trying to figure out if I have a talent, and if so, what it is.) So, I ordered a book from Amazon called "Zentangle Basics". It is the starting point for all of us wannabe tanglers and I hope to progress on the Zentagle 2, 3 and so on. I have been doing some sketches and I am just fascinated by the symmetries of this art. I will try and post some pages from my sketchbook tomorrow. My old camera is in my son's camera bag. We bought a new one, but it is so fancy, I don't even know how to use it. So, as soon as I get a camera, I will post the pics. Til next time!

1 comment:

Indigo Blue said...

Ahhh Zentangles! Now you are talking. I stumbled on these by accident on YouTube whilst looking for something else. You should go and have a look. To watch them being created on a video is fascinating. I have also been introducing them to my students at school. They love them. Set a homework task on it. it is meant to have medidative(?) qualities too. I have been doing them for some time and over at KraftyPanda she has been doing some fantastic ones. I have a couple of posts on mine use the search button but I shall put some more up if you like. It is realllly addicitve in a good way.
have fun. let me know what you think of the book, I might get a copy for school.
xx