Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Wrap

It was a good week, overall. I got lots of knitting done, and had a chance to spend a few hours with my little Anna last night. Her parents went to a concert, and she stayed with Poppy and me. Brian didn't get to come because he had school today, and they stayed the night. I miss him terribly.

I decided to do the 198 Yards of Heaven, hope I am not biting off more than I can chew. I remember the frustration I had when I was trying to knit Traveling Woman, and I don't want to go there again. A couple of my friends are doing it with me, so I feel a little better.Grandmother's Flower Garden

I have started working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt again. I LOVE hand sewing and I wish that I could make every quilt by hand. Hand piecing is just the greatest thing ever! I tried machine quilting a small quilt that I made for Benjamin, but my machine quilting is not pretty like my hand quilting is. It takes alot longer, but the end result is worth it. Look at this Sunbonnet Sue that I made for my Mom. I did all the applique by hand and then machine pieced the blocks together and then hand quilted it. It turned out great! I hope to have the GFG done in a few months.Sunbonnet Sue

This is my Dresden Plate. It only needs binding and it will be completed too. I also hand quilted this one. Dresden Plate

I think that does it for this week's wrap! I am off to change into comfy clothes and cast on the shawl.......Have a wonderful weekend....

1 comment: