Thursday, July 23, 2009

Randy's Birthday and Other Stuff

Today is Randy's 50th birthday. We are having a big party on Saturday with our kids and some close friends. I am very excited that all of our kids and grandkids are going to be here, except the California gang. We are working on having the Cali gang home for Christmas, so that will be exciting too. I didn't go to the farms yesterday because I didn't want to spend the 2 days before the party canning and freezing. I am planning to go one day next week. I took my Mom to Dahlonega for the day. It was fun, we walked around the square and looked in all the little shops, and I bought some walnut fudge and fudge covered oreos at the Fudge Factory. They are so sinful! We had lunch at the Smith House and it was so yummy!

I got a call yesterday from Publix, and I am pretty sure that they are going to hire me, so I have to go back and revise the plan AGAIN! I need the job though, especially since Randy is having to take unpaid furlough and I have not worked in several months. Don't want to do too much dipping into savings. My house is looking so beautiful. The clutter is almost gone, and the changes that we have made, though small, are really nice. I am still working on my deck and back yard. The biggest accomplishment for me as been getting my office/studio done. I did not realize that I had yarn, fabric, paint and all kinds of stuff all over the house. I found supplies I had completely forgotten. But now, everything is in one place and it is so great! I am working on soap and dream pillows, and I am hoping to get them on Etsy soon. I am also making knitting needle and crochet hooks holders. I hope I might be able to sell them at my LYS. I have some great ideas for some new ways to store knitting needles and supplies, so I might just invent something.

til tomorrow~

No comments: