Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A New Quilter!

This past weekend, my daughter-in-law, Ivey came down for the weekend and I gave her the first quilting lesson. I was extremely nervous, to say the least. When she told me a few months back that she wanted to learn to quilt, I almost died from excitement. I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time, when I tell someone that I quilt, they look at me like I said that I was an alien. Everyone seems to think that only little old ladies make quilts. Well, obviously, they have not been to the Stitch n Quilt or to Little Quilts. But, anyway, I was really excited when Ivey said that she wanted to learn. We began last weekend with rotary cutting, measuring and perfecting the 1/4 inch seam. She learns quickly and I think that she is going make a fine quilter. I will be publishing some of her quilts here.

I love fabric and yarn!!!!

3 comments:

Khris said...

How funny about people looking at you like an alien because you love to quilt. I am 41 years old and have been quilting although not a lot since I was 25years old. My friends always think its funny because I am not old and I love to quilt, sew dolls and craft. My closest friend always tells me I am too young to do those things.lol
Hugs, Khris

Lynn said...

EXACTLY! And one of my other friends says "Why would you spend all that time doing that when you can buy it"?

Crazy isn't it?

Ginger Patches said...

I love teaching new quilters! I have gotten 3 friends into it so far...I tell the others "just wait, I WILL suck you into my world! How cool that it's your DIL.